12951 Bandera Road
Helotes, TX 78023
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Admin)
(210) 695.2500 (Non-emergency)
(210) 695.4HPD (Crimestoppers)
(210) 695.1816 (Fax)
Since its creation more than 25 years ago, the Helotes Police Department has protected and honorably served Helotes’ residents, businesses, and visitors. The Helotes Police Department is here to support and protect Helotes’ unique, small-town atmosphere so that residents, businesses, and visitors feel, and are, safe. The 20+ sworn officers and 2 civilian employees who make up the Department take special pride in helping to make Helotes a safe place to live, work, and play.
The Helotes Police Department, in serving the people of Helotes, strives to reduce crime and provide a safe City through:
1) Recognizing that its goal is to help people and provide assistance at every opportunity;
2) Increasing citizen satisfaction with public safety and obtaining community cooperation through the Department’s training, skills, and efforts;
3) Providing preventative, investigative, and enforcement services; and
4) Realizing that the Police Department alone cannot control crime, but must act in concert with the community and the rest of the Criminal Justice System.
In achieving its mission, the men and women of the Helotes Police Department will conduct themselves in an ethical manner. They will:
1) Respect and protect the rights of citizens, as determined by law;
2) Be examples of honesty and integrity in their professional and personal lives, thereby earning the public trust;
3) Treat citizens and their fellow employees courteously and with the same amount of dignity with which they expect to be treated themselves;
4) Perform their duties with the knowledge that protection of the lives and property of all citizens is their primary duty; and
5) Comply with the spirit and letter of the Code of Conduct.
Patrol By Residence:
If you are planning to be out of town, please inform the Department, and we will be happy to do additional patrols around your home. Please fill out the Patrol By Residence Form.
Do Not Disturb List:
Helotes residents may register their name and address with the Department, to be placed on the Do Not Disturb List indicating that commercial solicitation is not welcomed at their residence. Please fill out the Do Not Disturb Registration Form.
The Criminal Investigations Division ("CID") is responsible for investigating credit card abuse, identity theft, counterfeit/forged checks, tampering with government records, and counterfeit U.S. Currency cases (in conjunction with the U.S. Secret Service). CID also investigates “internet scams” not involving a counterfeit check, forged check, identity theft, credit/debit card abuse or counterfeit currency. These offenses are considered a simple theft.
You will be asked to provide certain documents that you are entitled to by law without a subpoena. Instructions on how to obtain these items are provided in the investigation packets. Video will not be obtained unless there is a reasonable expectation the suspect can be identified by the account/card holder. Identifications are generally made using photo lineups.
The following items are REQUIRED before an investigation can begin:
1.) Helotes Police Department report with case number.
2.) Completion of the appropriate packet related to your case:
White Collar Crime Investigations are detailed in nature, require specialized investigative techniques and take an extraordinary amount of time to complete. The investigation will involve following a paper trail to build a case for prosecution. Cases that do not meet the minimum solvability factors will be suspended pending further investigation and the evidence maintained. Once we have received the above documents, your case will be reviewed to determine if there is sufficient information to proceed with an investigation. The detective assigned to your case will notify you if further information is required.