The next General Election will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2020. The offices open for election are Council Member Place 1, Council Member Place 2 and Council Member Place 4. To view the current elected officials, visit the City Council Page. Candidate Packets will be available electronically on this page or can be picked up at City Hall. Candidates can file their forms during the dates of January 15, 2020 through February 14, 2020 between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS (TYPE A CITY - LOCAL GOVT CODE § 22.032):
* Mayor: 1 year in state prior to the filing deadline; 1 year in city prior to election day; age requirement of 18; Must be a registered voter in territory elected from by the filing deadline; Must meet eligibility requirements as prescribed by Election Code § 141.001 (a).
* Council Member: 1 year in state prior to filing deadline; 6 months in the city prior to filing deadline; age requirement of 18; Must be a registered voter in territory elected from by the filing deadline; Must meet eligibility requirements as prescribed by Election Code § 141.001 (a).
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WILL BE POSTED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE:
* Order and Notice of General Election
* Sample Ballot
* Vote Centers
Applications have been filed by the following and are listed in the order received.
Council Member Place 1 Council Member Place 2 Council Member Place 4
Alan Holmes Alex Blue Cynthia Massey
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE MAY 2, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION:
* The last day to post Notice of Candidate Filing Deadline is Monday, December 16, 2019.
* The first day to apply for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
* City Hall will be closed on January 20, 2020 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
* The last day to apply for a place on the ballot is Friday, February 14, 2020 by 5 pm.
* The last day to withdraw from the ballot is Friday, February 21, 2020 by 5 pm.
* First day of Early Voting by personal appearance is Monday, April 20, 2020.
* Last day of Early Voting by personal appearance is Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
* Election Day is Saturday, May 2, 2020. Polls will be open from 7 am to 7 pm
IMPORTANT ELECTION RESOURCES: