Sign Permit

Please complete the following Sign Permit Application Form for all signage projects within the City of Helotes and its Extraterritorial Jurisdiction.

All exterior signage requires Planning and Zoning Commission approval prior to permitting and installation.  The Commission meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month, and the deadline submittal date is the Tuesday before the meeting date.  City Council review and approval may, from time to time, be required, as well.

This application is a City of Helotes application and should only submitted if it pertains to the City of Helotes jurisdiction or its ETJ.  Applicants are responsible for verifying if an address is located within the City.  This can be done by using the BCAD property search engine located at  The applicant should also ensure that all information provided on the application is correct.

Questions should be directed to the Development Services Dept. at (210) 695-8877.  Applications may also be filled out in person at the Development Services Dept. located at City Hall, 12951 Bandera Road, Helotes, Texas 78023.  Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., except on Wednesday's when the Dept. is closed to the public.

Applications can take up to 10 business days to process.

Please attach a set of plans indicating sign size, color, type of material, and its parts; message size and style of lettering; type of lighting; method of attachment; associated landscaping.
Please attached a copy of signage color sketches, color photographs, or similar scaled presentation of the sign and building that shows how each would appear in relation to the other.
Please attach a site plan showing location of proposed sign and copy of plat, if available, to determine easement locations.

I acknowledge that the form above is only an application. Receipt of the application and payment should not be interpreted as a receipt of a permit or permit number.

I acknowledge that this application may take up to 10 business days to process, and that the City of Helotes Development Service Dept. will contact me regarding any permit, permit number, or permissions granted for this application.

Electronic Signature