There are several ways for the public to participate in or watch Municipal Board meetings:
- Citizens to be Heard – Individuals wanting to speak during the Open Session portion of the meeting have two options on how to sign up.
- Option1 – Sign up online by completing the Comment Form. If you register in advance online, the comment form is due by 12:00 p.m. on the meeting date. Forms will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Option 2 – Sign up in person and give the City Secretary the completed Comment Form. This can be done in advance or at the meeting, so long as the form is given to the City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Sign-ups will not be accepted after the meeting starts.
- Public Comment by Email – Individuals may send written comments via email to the City Secretary. All messages must be received by 12:00 p.m. on the meeting date. Written comments will be shared with the appropriate board.
- Live-stream of Meetings – Municipal Board meetings are live-streamed on the City of Helotes YouTube channel. Government Access Channel 21 on Spectrum is being upgraded, so it is unavailable for viewing at this time.
- Recordings of Meetings – Recorded broadcasts of Municipal Board meetings are available on the City of Helotes YouTube channel.
New Agenda Format
A new agenda format is in place, starting with the May 13, 2021, City Council meeting date. Behind each item is a blue hyperlink that reads Agenda Item. Below are the options to view the item supporting documentation.
- Option 1 – For computer, tablet, and smartphone users: Click on the blue hyperlink and the supporting documentation will open within the same tab. To return to the Agenda, the user will have to select the back button.
- Option 2 – For computer users only: Right-click on the blue hyperlink and select Open link in new tab. The Agenda will remain open in its own tab and the user can switch between tabs, versus hitting the back button.